Sunday, September 23, 2012

29 Week Update!

Dear Baby Holler,

The last time I blogged, Daddy and I were about to leave for our Baby Moon to Charleston, SC.  It was amazing!  We had the best time!  We spent a lot of the trip talking about you.  You were definitely the main topic of conversation...We're just so excited that you're *almost* here!

I wish I had some nice photos to show you, but the problem is that Daddy has to be the photographer most of the time.  And as smart as he is, he cannot take a decent photo to save his life.  I wanted to have some bump photos in Charleston, but he managed to completely make me look like a huge walrus in every photo, so I don't have any pics of you and I handy.  I think there are some on the camera, but I haven't downloaded them yet.

I do have pictures of the souvenir I got you!  Daddy and I went to this fantastic Farmer's Market and I found so many little interesting booths!  My two favorites were a local candle vendor that uses recycled wine bottles from local restaurants to make candles that are scented with wine.  They're called ReWined candles, and I'll definitely be buying more!  I also found a really cute local baby clothes store that had a booth there, and all of the clothes are made from organic materials and were super cute...I'll show you!  Frankie was really interested in your souvenir, so I put it on him to model it.  I think he liked it!  If it's this cute on him, I can't wait to see it on you!

Dress and bow from Urbane Living in Charleston, SC





In other news, I am pretty positive that you were upside down for a while, with your head in my lungs.  I have had a really hard time breathing when I lay down, and my doctor said it's because you were on my diaphragm.  I felt a lot of movement this past Thursday, and suddenly I don't have the pressure under my sternum I was feeling, and I can breathe at night!  Yesterday morning I woke up and you had hiccups, and I felt them WAY below my belly button, so I know that's where your little head is now!  Thank you for being sweet enough to get off of Mommy's lungs!!!  It was just GLORIOUS getting to sleep these past few nights!

From today, there are just 70 days until you are scheduled to get here.  It's about 10 weeks, but I like 70 days better because it sounds much shorter.  You have grown A LOT.  I don't know where you are going to put the 3 or 4 lbs that you still need to gain before your arrival.  My tummy is already so big!
This is you and me yesterday, on our way to the gym:
29weeks 1day!






We are pretty ready for you!  We just have a few more things to get and prepare, but I feel pretty good about where the nursery is at!  I finally got the baskets and liners for your cubby so we can throw your stuff in there and keep it organized, and I love how it came out!

The Cameron cubby from Pottery Barn Kids and your new baskets and liners!


And finally, we had our maternity shoot on the beach a few weeks ago with Jamie Lauren Studios.  She did an awesome job, and I'm excited to get the prints in to put in your nursery!  Here is a little sample of one of my favorite photos:


So that's it from the outside, Baby Girl!

Daddy and I love you so much and we get more excited about meeting you every single day!!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment: