Monday, May 7, 2012

You Like Funny Foods!

Dear Baby Holler,

Before I was pregnant with you, I didn't have a very creative diet.  It mostly consisted of healthy stuff like salads if I went out to eat at a restaurant, and your Daddy and I like to grill fish or meat and make yummy vegetables as sides.  It was limited.  But it was what I liked, so it worked.

You, on the other hand, make me crave things that I have never thought twice about in my whole entire life.  It's nothing crazy.  But it's so weird that I have looked at a million menus in my life and never had the desire to order some of the things that you make me absolutely salivate for.  Oh yes. You know what I'm talking about - the latest oddity...The Club Sandwich.

Pregnant ladies are not supposed to eat deli meat that isn't heated up to at least 200 degrees in order to protect us against listeria.  I don't know if reading this over and over just gave you a hankering for a Club Sandwich, but I have wanted Club Sandwiches all day.  Every day.  If anyone tries to get in the way of me and a Club Sandwich (your Daddy), then lives are definitely at stake.

So I am getting excited about dinner.  Because yes - I'm making you a Club Sandwich.  I think I have the perfect concoction, and I really just couldn't be more excited about it.  Toasted wheat bread, heated turkey meat with cheese melted on it, avocado, turkey bacon, shredded lettuce, tomato, fat free mayo, and mustard.  With a HUGE glass of organic skim milk (per your demand).  I'm just all about it!

And finally, what you DON'T want me to eat is pretty funny too.  All of the veggies that Daddy and I made before - asparagus, broccoli, anything green really - I am repulsed by.  I want nothing to do with them.  Even edamame.  So gross.  You are just not having any of it, and I find that humorous:)

Whatever it takes to keep you healthy and make you big and strong:)  I'll keep the Club Sandwiches coming!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment