Sunday, June 24, 2012

4 months Pregnant! And Pregnant People Problems....

Dear Baby Holler,

This past Friday, you and I hit 16 weeks, or 4 months. This sounds like a long time! It's really only 3.5 months that you've been in there, because the first 2 weeks of the cycle before you decided to bless us with your presence gets counted too:) I'm really glad that you weren't in there during those first 2 weeks because Daddy and I went to New Orleans for Aunt Lulu's wedding, and I did a lot of things that were not Baby Holler friendly! One day, when you are older, I will tell you about a place called Bourbon Street...

So you and I have been a team for 4 months, and the most exciting thing about that is that it's a lot easier for Daddy to say "Four months" whenever someone asks him how far along I am, instead of him squirming and blubbering and trying to remember how many weeks I am, only to come up with an answer such as, "She is in her second Mester." That's right, Baby Holler. He can't even say Trimester, he just gets so confused. So now we can just alert him when we hit a new month, and he is home-free for the next 4 weeks because all he has to remember is one number and the word "month." Let's hope that works out better for him.

In other news, I saw this video on YouTube that is a spiff of the tv show called "16 & Pregnant," and it's called "32 & Pregnant." It's important to note that Mommy is only 31, but I digress...The point of the video is basically that new Moms in their 30s are usually pretty established, and we have a whole different slew of problems to worry about...Watch the video to see, but I had to laugh because I'm getting wrapped up in similar life-or-death Pregnant People Problems- such as if the smallest size Baby Uggs will still be too big for you for your newborn photo shoot that I just booked with the best baby photographer in town!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPGEEE_1dLw&feature=youtube_gdata_player


That's all for now...

We love you, Harper!

Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Cute post... I loved the 32 and pregnant video as well.

    Also, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one booking a newborn photographer so early... I just decided on one and am going to send in my deposit this week!

    (78h2o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you! I became friends with my wedding photographer, and she cautioned me that having a December baby could make newborn photos tough if I didn't book early, since everyone has their childrens' pics done for Christmas! So we're totally justified! We're having holiday babies:) Glad to see you on here!!! I hope you're doing well!! Thank you for reading!

      Delete