Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What is the name of the person I am crazy shopping for?

Dear Baby Holler,

Since we found out that you're a little pink monkey, we've went nuts over two things: 1.) Your name, and 2.) Shopping for you!

Daddy and I have read tens of millions of baby names by now, and the one that I loved from the start was Harper. But we nixed it pretty early because it started and ended with the same sounds as our last name. And we didn't want to name you something that you would hate us for.

But, it kept nagging at me. I started to think Harper Holler sounded cute and very celebrity-famous-person-changed-my-real-name-to-this-for-my-acting-career-like. I ran it by Daddy again. He thought a minute. "It doesn't flow.." he said. Dammit!

A few days later, still nagging at me. I couldn't find a name I liked better than Harper. And my eyeballs were falling out of my face from searching name lists. I ran it by Daddy again..."Are you SURE Harper Holler doesn't work?" He thought a minute. "It's grown on me a lot. I actually think it's really cute together." BOOM!!! Daddy's on board!!!!

We were toying with the name Avery as well. But let's face it, Avery is no Harper Holler.

I have also been poring over middle names, and Daddy and I really like Harper Sophia Holler. So right now, it's looking like that's the name you'll hear 1 billion million times in your life:)

Now, onto your wardrobe that children across the globe will be envious of... Here's a small sample just to get you excited about being born a baby fashion icon:

Uggs... Tan to match mine, and pink...well, because you're a fashion icon.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Also, Daddy wears fancy jeans (ok, so do I, just a different designer), and I found a super tiny mini version of Seven For All Mankind jeans at the Nordstrom outlet...So you and Daddy can match!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

We couldn't resist leggings with a little tutu attached from Baby Gap:
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I also found these RIDICULOUS cute hats on Etsy, since Daddy and I both love hats, and even Daddy was like, "Yeah, she definitely needs those...". They're going to be so cute for your newborn pics!!!!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Are you excited yet, Harper????

And finally, here's what you and I looked like at 15w1d, on our way to SHOP at Baby Gap for you (Daddy picked you out some good stuff!):

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Daddy left today for 3 weeks...Booooooo!!!! He had to go back to work so we can keep shopping:) It's just us girls for a while...

That's today's update, Baby Harper Holler!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment