Friday, June 29, 2012

Daddy's little girl post

Dear Daddy's little girl,
Mamma doesn't know I'm breaking into her blog account to be able to write to you. Hello. This is my first post to the blog only because mamma never offered me the opportunity to write to you. First of all, I Love You! I'm working away from home out in the big Gulf of Mexico. I'm doing my best to make sure our family has the best life possible. I don't think mamma always understands that because I'm gone half the year.
I'm really excited to get home and put your room together. I got you a really nice bed that I have put together for you. Mamma ordered you some tree decal to put up on your wall so she can hang monkeys from or something. She likes to call you a pink monkey for some odd reason. Sometimes I think she forgets your a real little person. I think it's the pregnancy brain syndrome she talks about whenever she does something wrong like not put chemicals in the pool.
I think we decided to name you Harper. I hope you like it. It's a strong name. I'm going to take real good care of you and your mamma. I hope you are excited to meet us. Your mamma is beautiful. Her birthday is this week. She asked for some earrings but I got her something she is going to be so surprised about and love.
I hope you enjoy your little home with mamma for the next few mesters. She's taking real good care of you.
I love you
Daddy

4 comments:

  1. Blame it on the hormones or something, but this post made me tear up.
    So excited for you two to meet little Harper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bawled my face off when I logged in and saw that he had written that from offshore/work:) Totally shocked me:)

      Delete