Saturday, July 21, 2012

5 MONTHS!

Dear Baby Holler,

We did it!  We're at the halfway point!  This past Friday marked 20 weeks, or five months for us.  That's pretty exciting!  You are the size of a cantaloupe, and there's really no denying that I look totally preg now.  I am really happy to have graduated from just looking like I ate too much pizza and beer.  I think you can really even tell from the front now, not just the side....


In other news, Daddy came home!  He was really excited that your an obvious bump now, and he can't stop touching my belly and talking to you...We also had our 20 Week Level 2 Ultrasound, and everything checked out great and you look wonderfully healthy!  It was such a cool ultrasound because they had to measure every part of your body- your brain, spine, chambers of your little heart, etc.  So Daddy and I got to watch you for a while...As usual, you were a wiggleworm, and the tech had a hard time getting all of her measurements.  But that was okay because we got to see you for longer while she had to wait on you to move your arm out of the way of whatever body part she needed:)  At the end of the ultrasound, the tech even switched the machine on to 3D/4D and we got to see your face - kind of.  I've always thought those 3D/4D pics were kind of creepy, and the tech explained that the reason they look so weird and lumpy is because babies are usually moving around in there, and it distorts the image.  I'll put up my favorite photo of you from the u/s...It's your profile, which I just think is so adorable:


And the best 3D/4D image, where you look the least lumpy:


Daddy has been studying for a big test for his work, which he'll take this upcoming week...He's working really hard to be the best at his job that he can be so he can take good care of us.  When he's through with that this week, he's going to set up your nursery for you!  I am so excited, and he actually is too!  He is funny because he is so in love with you that it makes him really excited about a lot of things that I would not expect him to be excited about.  Today he went with me to go "test-drive" the stroller that I have become obsessed with for you.  He was just as involved in testing it out as I was, and it was so cute to watch him push it around the store.  You have a VERY good Daddy, Baby Holler.  Even if he isn't able to be around as often as I am, he makes up for it when he's here by being so loving and just all-around fabulous:)

That's it from the outside, Harper!

We love you!

Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment