Friday, July 6, 2012

A Birthday Preg Post

Dear Baby Holler,

Today is Mommy's Birthday!  Normally, I don't really care too much about my birthday...I mean, 21 was the significant birthday so that I could drink alcohol (legally), and every birthday after that pretty much was an excuse to have 1 million and 4 margaritas and/or glasses of wine.  So basically, I had 10 good years of that, for a total of 10 million and 40 margaritas.  I definitely got my fair share in!  Other than margaritas and wine, I only really get excited about presents from Daddy.  I'll never not care about my birthday enough to not ask for a present from Daddy.  That's just how it's going to be.

My 30th birthday was also significant, because that's when I pretty much freaked out on Daddy, because we weren't even engaged yet, and I wanted to be married and have you and your brothers/sisters all on the outside with us by the time I was 35.  When I turned 30 and Daddy had still not put a ring on it (we had been together for 2 years), I have to say, I almost killed him.  That was not a good time in Mommy's life.  And it is actually a miracle that Daddy made it through that time and is still alive and well.  A true miracle, Baby Holler.

Who would have thought, that just 2 birthdays later, I would have you!

So this year, on my 32nd birthday, even though I can't have margaritas and wine, I am the happiest I've been in as long as I can remember.  I already have the best gift I could ever have, and that's little tiny you growing inside of me, tickling me throughout the day with your Baby Holler Dance Parties.  It seems like a REALLY good time in there....

Another cool thing is that I hit 18 weeks today with you, or 4.5 months for people who need to keep it simple (DADDY).  You are slowly but surely revealing yourself, and I'm starting to look like maybe I have a little person in there instead of like I went wild at the Chinese Buffet.  I'm sure in the next few weeks, you'll be front and center!

So here we are, Baby Girl, at 18 weeks (4.5 Months)!






Thank you for being my Birthday Buddy!  You are the best thing that ever happened to us, and the best gift I could ever ask for (but I'm STILL also expecting a gift from Daddy!)..

We love you, Harper!

Mommy (&Daddy)

No comments:

Post a Comment