Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Nursery Sneak Peek

Dear Baby Holler,

Daddy delivered on his promise to get your decal tree up in your nursery over the weekend...I have to say, you need to give him tons of baby kisses and cuddles when you see it, because it is beautiful and he was super patient getting it on the wall just perfect.  We are really lucky to have such a sweet Daddy:)

We still have lots to do in the nursery to finish it, such as put up the curtains, and I'm still waiting on your rug to come in....But overall, I think we've made some progress and I'm pretty excited about it!

The only bummer is that your name decal is too dark of a pink, and it's hard to see on the walls, but the super awesome seller I purchased it from on Etsy, a shop called Modern Walls, is sending me another name decal in light pink!  So I'm excited that she was so accommodating and even though I picked out the dark pink, she is still sending a light pink replacement free of charge.  I'll definitely be using her again in the future!

Okay so here we go....Without further ado, YOUR TREE:



Next up, we have the changing table/dresser....I may do a collage of other prints around the one I currently have up there....



I LOVE the Cameron wall units from Pottery Barn Kids, and I really wanted to get you one, but they are pretty expensive!  Fortunately, I lucked out and found one on Craigslist for a REALLY good deal!  Daddy also hauled that upstairs and into your room- remember you owe him lots of baby kisses!!  I don't have all of the things I want to put in the wall unit, such as cute baskets with pink liners to organize your stuff, or books and frames for the shelves, but you can get a general idea...

Just giving a special shout out to Cousin Wyatt to thank him again for the super cute pink Humpty Dumpty!                


Here is the name that came out too dark of a pink....To be replaced soon with the light pink!  And that's Daddy's Lazyboy recliner that he demanded be a part of the nursery.  We girlied it up with a cute pink pillow just to drive him nuts;)


This is the view of the whole nursery as you walk in....We REALLY need curtains and a rug!!!




And finally, I ordered you the most beautiful and soft blanket from Pottery Barn Kids...It's one of my favorite purchases for you so far!  The inside of the blanket is crazy soft sherpa, and even Daddy threatened to swipe it since you're not using it yet, and use it for himself. 




So that's what we have so far....Hopefully, we'll get everything finished before Daddy leaves, but since we are heading out on our Baby Moon next week to Charleston, SC, I'm not totally sure.  Either way, we have a good start!

That's it from the outside, Harper!

We love you, and we hope you love your nursery!

Love,
Mommy & Daddy

6 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for that Etsy shop! I wanted a wall decal but all the ones I've found with Google are ugly. The room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ModernWalls is awesome! She sent me extra monkeys on request at no charge, and now she's sending the whole name/monkey replacement in a lighter pink at no charge! I almost feel bad because she sent me swatches beforehand and I chose the darker pink:( Let me know if you purchase one!

      Delete
  2. Harper is going to have a gorgeous room! Love the pink with the brown - and of course the monkeys. I love the idea of adding some other prints to the one you already have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can't wait for it to be finished! Kevin and I both walk in there and just stare at it all the time. We are nerds:) We'll be getting ready for bed and say, "Let's go look at Harper's room one more time..." I think we're going to have a hard time not spoiling her rotten. We're so obsessed with her. She has no idea how clingy her parents are going to be!

      Delete
  3. I love her room so much :) Can't wait to see it with the curtains and rug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The curtains came in! They are the Restoration Hardware curtains in that perfect Petal color....But I got them on ebay for like half price! I just need to buy the hardware to put them up! And I got her that PBK rug on Ebay, and SUPPOSEDLY it's overstock and returns from PBK, but I got a tracking number on it and it said that it left New Delhi, DL. At first glance, I for some reason thought this was Delaware. Preg brain! When I checked it yesterday and it said it was in PARIS, then I realized that it had come from India. What the wha? This morning it's in TN, so that's good, at least it's in the states....But I hope it's the rug it's supposed to be. The seller had good reviews and someone else posted a comment about it coming from India but having PBK tags on it and seemed legit, so I guess we'll see! I'm a little nervous though! It was regular price $499 through PBK and I got it for $220 on ebay, so I'm hoping the risk was worth it!

      Delete